Re: [autoconf] Problems Configuring (C Compiler cannot produce executabl

From: suzuki toshiya
Subject: Re: [autoconf] Problems Configuring (C Compiler cannot produce executables)
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 14:17:31 +0900

Jeffrey Walton wrote:
> I just wish everyone would get in line so things function as expected
> from cradle to grave. There's too much "it's not my fault." It reminds
> me of the old Macs.

It's a pity that you got so many "it's not my fault", but what I can
say is only "please describe what you want to do in detail, and please
ask the experts where you can consult for the solution".

> I think the solution is to update Make so that there are separate
> LD_EXE_FLAGS and LD_SO_FLAGS. But that was rejected too...

I don't understand what you mean with the word "update Make" (I'm not
playing dumb, I'm really wondering what you did). And, I wonder who
told you to use LD_EXE_FLAGS and LD_SO_FLAGS (because they are not
managed by autotools, I guess).

Regards,
mpsuzuki