[RFC] pass #2 at getting rid of the config.guess/sub problem when bootst

From: Paul Wise
Subject: [RFC] pass #2 at getting rid of the config.guess/sub problem when bootstrapping new ports/systems
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2012 11:27:38 +0800

On Mon, 2012-10-08 at 20:46 +0800, Paul Wise wrote:

> So, Debian is in the process of bringing up our upcoming arm64 port.
> Unfortunately we are also coming across lots of packages with rather
> outdated config.guess and config.sub files (see links below).

I've taken on board advice received during this thread and elsewhere and
updated the patch to always use the latest config.guess and config.sub
files. I've also tested the result on one of the things I'm upstream for
and it works to my satisfaction. The only downside is that there is a
code block that occurs twice in each generated configure script, but I'm
not sure how to avoid that, any pointers? Please see the attached patch.

--
bye,
pabs

http://bonedaddy.net/pabs3/