Best practice sharing autotest macros

From: Luke Mewburn
Subject: Best practice sharing autotest macros
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 14:32:56 +1100

Hi folks,

I've got a few autotest macros that are used across various projects,
and I'm looking for advice regardard the best practice in how to
share these between the projects.  Currently I just cut and paste
our autotest macros to the project's local.at.

For autoconf macros, common macros are used by storing them in a common
/path and with ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS = -I/path in the top-level Makefile.am,
and aclocal automagically finds the macro definition.

I have considered a shared /path and passing -I/path to autom4te,
which requires an explicit  m4_include([foo.m4])  to bring in the
definition, because autom4te doesn't appear to do the same automagic
macro finding that aclocal does.

Do people have any advice, better suggestions, etc?

Also, is this list a good place to discuss adding more autotest AT_
macros to autotest?

Thanks,
Luke.