Re: macro which returns found compiler for given language?

From: Diab Jerius
Subject: Re: macro which returns found compiler for given language?
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 13:35:45 -0400

On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 1:14 PM, Diab Jerius <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 12:40 PM, Daily, Jeff A <address@hidden> wrote:

Unfortunately, after further thought, the output variables aren't
sufficient for what I need.

As the code cannot assume which flavor of Fortran is being tested,
without more information it cannot choose between F77 or FC.

If the current language were known, the code could choose
appropriately, but the only macro available (AFAIK)  to query the
current language is AC_LANG_ASSERT, which is inappropriate in this
context.  It'd be much cleaner if one could get the compiler for the
current language, or have _AC_CC exposed as part of the public API.