Re: Using LLVM with Autotools

From: Jeffrey Walton
Subject: Re: Using LLVM with Autotools
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 12:16:34 -0400

On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 12:13 PM, Russell Wallace
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I don't think I'm understanding you - in this case, I'm the one writing the
> program, and thinking about the configure.ac and Makefile.am I'll be
> supplying to users and prospective package maintainers?
>
> I think the default autoconf on typical Linux distributions is normally
> sufficient these days?
>
> What is build-aux/config.sub?

My bad; I miss understood you.

I thought you were a user of a library that needed some updated
autoconf files, and you needed to contact the package maintainer to
get the files picked up so "things just worked" for you.

build-aux/config.sub is the code that guesses the platform based on
the triplets.

Jeff