Re: autoconf: AC_SYS_LARGEFILE documentation misleading

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: autoconf: AC_SYS_LARGEFILE documentation misleading
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2017 11:55:30 +0100 (CET)

Dixi quod…

> On Wed, 25 Jan 2017, Eric Blake wrote:
>
> > I also think we can try harder to point out the need for config.h to
> > appear first.  How about the following counter-proposal:
[…]
> Nice, but I think I can improve on that a bit (later, I’m almost
> dropping down due to tiredness), it still confuses me a bit ;)

What do you think about this? I tried several variants and ended
up making it a bullet point list, and I think the result is quite
less ambiguous (especially if one is not a native English speaker)
than the original text.

I’ve also changed “be sure” to an imperative “ensure” in the
usage notes.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
>> Why don't you use JavaScript? I also don't like enabling JavaScript in
> Because I use lynx as browser.
+1
        -- Octavio Alvarez, me and ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕ (Mario Lang) on debian-devel