Re: config.status and /bin/sh on Solaris

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: Re: config.status and /bin/sh on Solaris
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2017 19:51:50 -0500

On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 7:29 PM, Dimitrios Apostolou <address@hidden> wrote:

> So I've been tracing the execution of "configure", but I don't CONFIG_SHELL
> to be set, and the script reaches a point that the following happens:
>
> SHELL=${CONFIG_SHELL-/bin/sh}
> export SHELL
>
> So SHELL is now /bin/sh and config.status is generated as such:

It now occurs to me to ask exactly which version of Autoconf generated
this configure script.

There *should* be code immediately above the
SHELL=${CONFIG_SHELL-/bin/sh} line that *should* have detected that
/usr/xpg4/bin/sh is the right shell to use on this system.  It's
possible that its tests are not stringent enough.  Do you see a
variable named "as_required" being set in your logs, before this
point?  If so, please tell us what it's being set to.  If not, please
tell us it's not there.

zw