Re: config.status and /bin/sh on Solaris

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: config.status and /bin/sh on Solaris
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2017 10:24:20 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 28 Jan 2017, Dimitrios Apostolou wrote:
Thanks for verifying! I'm now getting a similar (same cause it seems) error on a different software compilation, this time on Solaris 11. The common denominator is the tweaked PATH, putting /usr/xpg4/bin before /usr/bin causes havoc. I'll investigate more and report back.

I typically have this order in my PATH:

/usr/xpg6/bin:/usr/xpg4/bin:/usr/bin

so I think that your claim is not correct. Solaris and other systems will invoke scripts starting with /bin/sh using /bin/sh regarding of the PATH. You had me test by force-overriding the shell used.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn