automake-ng

Re: [Automake-NG] [RFC] [ng] cleanup: merge '%compile_clean_files' in '%

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: [Automake-NG] [RFC] [ng] cleanup: merge '%compile_clean_files' in '%clean_files'
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 07:58:50 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 22 Jun 2012, Stefano Lattarini wrote:

Basically, the knowledge about '.libs' needing to e cleaned is scattered
in several places rather than centralized into one.

In addition, this issue will probably become moot, since I plan to drop
support for older libtools and to assume that "libtool --mode=clean"
works correctly, so that we can start using that to implement libtool
related cleanups (better to rely on libtool embedded logic/knowledge
rather than duplicating it in our makefiles).

Sounds good. Maybe 'clean' will be a tiny bit faster if more removal is delegated to libtool?

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn