automake-ng

Re: [Automake-NG] [FYI] general: include verbatim makefile fragments in

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: [Automake-NG] [FYI] general: include verbatim makefile fragments in output Makefiles
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 07:47:59 +0200

Le 2 août 2012 à 19:35, Stefano Lattarini a écrit :

> Here it is (see attachment).  OK?

It is.  Yet I realize that this goes against what we talked about a while ago.

I personally structure my build-aux directories.  I have build-aux/m4,
build-aux/make (which contains *.mk that I include in various directories),
build-aux/emacs (*.el files), build-aux/m4sh, build-aux/lib (which contains
modes for Perl and Python programs in build-aux/bin) etc.  It is structured
because that's also a git submodules that is shared between several projects.

So, as I had reported earlier, I wish that there would be a means to tell
automake to install in binaries into build-aux/bin, because my reading of
AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR is that it denotes build-aux.  Then you answered, that
AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR actually denotes what I call build-aux/bin.

So now we have a problem, because in addition to texinfo.tex, there is now an
mk/ directory in my build-aux/bin :(

I would like to be able to keep build-aux structured.

So I agree with the patch, but now I would really ask for AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR to
denote build-aux, and to have a means to state that AC_CONFIG_AUX_BIN_DIR or
whatever is build-aux/bin.