RE: [avr-chat] using input capture on tiny2313

From: Larry Barello
Subject: RE: [avr-chat] using input capture on tiny2313
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 07:13:41 -0800

-----Original Message-----
From: address@hidden
[mailto:address@hidden Behalf Of
Bjarne Laursen
Sent: Monday, March 07, 2005 11:56 PM
To: address@hidden
Subject: [avr-chat] using input capture on tiny2313

Hej.
I am developing a modem for the tiny2313 and I would like to use the
input capture of timer1.
I wan't to record any change of the the input, so in each interrupt I
will be inverting the edge bit, ICES1. The datasheet state that, after
doing this I must clear any pending capture interrupts. I can't see why
this is nessesary. If the ICES1 bit is xor'ed with the input, there will
not be generated any extra interrupts at this point. Actually I would
like an interrupt to be generated if the input has already changed back.

My hardware is not ready yet, so can't try it out. Also, I don't like
trial and error, escpecially not when it goes against the datasheet.
The datasheet does not clearly state that the ICES1 bit goes into an
xor-gate.

Do you have any experience with that ?

-Bjarne Laursen, Rose Technology A/S, Denmark