RE: [avr-chat] Timer1 Frequency Doubling in ATMEGA128 App

From: colin
Subject: RE: [avr-chat] Timer1 Frequency Doubling in ATMEGA128 App
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 12:55:47 -0800

Kevin:

You probaly need to add some more decoupling on the power line. Assuming
the firmware is the same in both systems, Its probable that when the led
lights, the extra current is feeding back into the clock or reset lines.
There is an Atmel app note suggesting adding a 4.7nF cap on the reset
line for noisy circuits. A 7805 should have a filter cap on the 5V side.

Colin Stanley