Re: [avr-chat] AVR on 1 AA bat with just 1 L and 1 C

From: hanzl
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] AVR on 1 AA bat with just 1 L and 1 C
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 15:19:30 +0100

> http://www-s.ti.com/sc/psheets/slaa105/slaa105.pdf
> Simple 1.5 V Boost Converter for MSP430
> Of course the MSP430 DC/DC convert does have regulation, unlike the
> ATtiny15 explosive
> example.  Convert works with anything, simple transistor based design.

Thanks for the link. Of course there are sane ways to do this. (This
one has 16 components ;-) )

I was just surprised how far that explosive puzzle goes. Even
some regulation could be done in software. (Besides A/D, there is also the
highly Vcc-sensitive Watchdog Oscillator which can be used to deduce
Vcc to get even more insanity into the design. With serious drawbacks,
of course.)

Sorry once again, for the first time in my life I happened to use
something with _chat_ in the name ;-) and I could not resist to try it
out.

Vaclav