Re: [Simulavr-devel] Re: [avr-chat] Tenfold acceleration of Similar is p

From: Dmitry K.
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Re: [avr-chat] Tenfold acceleration of Similar is possible.
Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 16:33:30 +1100

Hi all.

I have look `get_program_time' usage. The reason of
performance decrease is `avr_core_async_cb_exec', that
call its by each step. I have add checking list presence
before iterator call (patch in attachment). This is
safe, but speed up is possible only for simple programs,
without hardware usage.

Is it possible to speed up more complicated programs?
There are a bit of functions, that are capable to be called
via `avr_core_async_cb_exec':
   - adc_intr_cb()
   - spi_intr_cb()
   - eeprom_wr_op_cb()
   - uart_intr_cb()
   - timer_intr_cb()
   - wdtcr_timer_cb()
First five functions are not use `time'.
But last (wdtcr_timer_cb) use `time' for MCU restart (real host
time ???). I believe that it is possible to put a call of
'get_program_time' directly to `wdtcr_timer_cb'. It would be
desirable to hear opinion of those who is more familiar with
Simulavr.

Dmitry.

P.S. Inline checking `core->async_cb' gave extra speed up.