RE: [avr-chat] gnu-as: Error: invalid sections for operation on `Con

From: Jörgen Birkler
Subject: RE: [avr-chat] gnu-as: Error: invalid sections for operation on `ConfigDescriptor' and `L0'
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 12:49:17 +0200 (CEST)

But if a named it with capital S the file was deleted for some reason.
Thought that capital S meant that it was an intermiadiate file from gcc..?

Tried, made no difference with small or capital S.

The source code actually use the lwi instrucation to read from ROM, the
problem occurs before that; the address to the ROM is stored in the Z
register, that where the problems occur.

> Jorgen,
>
> not to become more pedantic than required, but your file should end with a
> capital "S" because this is the hint for the compile process to use the
> CPP.
> Please send a more detailed error descrition. "Casting" to access ROM
> storage is not possible, but please have a look to the avr-libc
> documentation and search for PROGMEM to get a description how to access
> memory data from C.
>
> Cheers
>
> Knut
>

>> It seems that the compiler doesn't like that I take a value
>> from the ROM
>> segment and place it in the Z register. But this should be
>> fine since the
>> code later uses the LPW instruction to read from the ROM.
>>
>> Any ideas? Can I "cast" so that the assembler doesn't complain? How?

Jörgen Birkler
mailto:address@hidden