Re: [avr-chat] Best DIY programmer/debugger

From: Simon Lundell
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Best DIY programmer/debugger
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 13:19:57 +0100

Thanks! It seems very interesting. However, im having trouble understanding the language, you dont happen to have an english translation, do you :)? Does it work under linux/gdb?

//Simon

MK wrote:

I have used a parallell-port pony-prog-style programmer for quite a while now. I am missing the ability to do in-circuit-debugging. Are there any DIY programmers that support debugging (JTAG/Debugwire or whats-its-name, starting to get a little confused with all these abbreviations). Preferably with USB-interface, although thats not a requirement.

Old versin of AVR miniTOOL - http://www.mcu.cz/modules/news/article.php?storyid=491
Its kombinations of JTAGICE and AVRISP and new AVRPROG

Feature of new version:
- only one MCU - ATmega16L
- USB interface (CP1202)
- debugger compatible with JTGICE
- programmer compatible with AVR ISP (STK500)
- programmer compatible with AVRPROG (AN910)
- bootloader compatible with AVRPROG

regards
MK