RE: [avr-chat] 32768 Hz clock

From: Matt.VanDeWerken
Subject: RE: [avr-chat] 32768 Hz clock
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 14:52:47 +1000

I've had problems in a past life with RTC crystals drifting due to mismatched
capacitance. The purchasing guy bought a different crystal to the one designed
in because it was cheaper, and we wondered why the clocks were drifting by
large amounts. This was my first job after college, so I was a little green,
and it took me a while to work out the cause. Check the data sheet for the
crystal you have, and double-check you have loaded it with the correct
capacitance.

Cheers,
Matthew van de Werken - Electronics Engineer
CSIRO E&M - Rock Mass Characterisation - 1 Technology Court - Pullenvale - 4069
p: (07) 3327 4142 * f: (07) 3327 4455 * e: address@hidden
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our
children."
-- Native American Proverb