[avr-chat] Preferred debugging/executable format (ELF vs. DWARF)?

From: Rick Mann
Subject: [avr-chat] Preferred debugging/executable format (ELF vs. DWARF)?
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 11:59:42 -0700

I'm toying with the idea of writing a debugger for AVR development (don't ask why).

I'd like to know a little about ELF vs. DWARF formats. Are these two mutually exclusive? I currently build and debug with ELF, but I get the idea that DWARF is preferred. Is this the case? How well is it supported in the current toolchain?

Thanks!

--
Rick