Re: [avr-chat] Preferred debugging/executable format (ELF vs. DWARF)?

From: Rick Mann
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Preferred debugging/executable format (ELF vs. DWARF)?
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 15:13:13 -0700

On Jun 13, 2006, at 13:20 , Joerg Wunsch wrote:

If you're looking for a project, adding DWARF support to avr-gdb
would be a great thing to contribute.

I agree.

Alas, digging into gdb's code is not my idea of fun. But, working on a nice Mac-native app appeals to me much more :-)

Given that I'm writing a debugger from the ground-up, I'd think I can put AVR-ness into the AVR target plugin. In that case, I'd like to know if I should learn and support DWARF-2 or STABS. Is one better than the other? Faster to load/query, etc?

--
Rick