[avr-chat] ?Optimized eeprom?

From: Steve Franks
Subject: [avr-chat] ?Optimized eeprom?
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 21:59:29 -0700

'Evening.

It would seem that changing from -O0 to -Os removes all unreferenced entires from my eeprom.hex file.  Failing that it still moves things around even if no unrefereced vars.  Not good when you are sticking things in places that are not explicitly defined and using several firmware revs..  Some questions come to mind:

1) Did I just forget to add something to the makefile to keep the optimization settings from mucking with the eeprom?

2) Beyond using '__attribute__((section (".eeprom")))', or just hardcoding an adress, is there a cleaner way to specify, "I want X in the eeprom at location Y, refering to it in the code by name Z"?

Thanks,
Steve