[avr-chat] Autotuning a PID controller

From: Royce Pereira
Subject: [avr-chat] Autotuning a PID controller
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 17:33:45 +0530

Hi all,
Sometime back I had asked the lists' help in PID theory. I am grateful for all
the replies- I was able to design a couple of PID temperature controllers.

In those designs I have to enter KP, KI, & KD manually, by a trial & error
method.

Is it possible for the controller to find out these values automatically say
based on rate of rise of temperature etc..?

I'd appreciate some help in developing an algorithm for the same.

Thanks & regards,

--Royce.