[avr-chat] Problem with USART on AVR

From: jack
Subject: [avr-chat] Problem with USART on AVR
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 14:14:28 +0530

Hi All,

I am trying to run USART on ATTiny2313 at 12MHz but am seeing junk values in between at random. Sometimes some chars in the buffer are also skipped. It's seen more often when i am transmitting anything from SRAM rather than FLASH.

I have lfuse set to 0xff ie.
CKSEL3..1 = 111  (For external Crystal Osc at 12Mhz)
CKSEL0  & SUT1..0 = 111 (For Slow rising power with External Crystal).
CKDIV8 = 1 (For disabling divide by 8).

If I transmit anything with the default setting of lfuse bit (0x64) with internal osc at 1 MHz then everything works fine.

Has anyone faced a similar issues or is there anything that I may be missing.

Thankx,
Jack