[avr-chat] Using srec_cat to calculate CRCs on a file with holes?

From: Bob Paddock
Subject: [avr-chat] Using srec_cat to calculate CRCs on a file with holes?
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 12:23:03 -0500

I have a .HEX file that has numerous 'holes' in it,
that I want to calculate the CRC over using srec_cat.

The CRC calculation of srec_cat tells me that I have
holes in my file, and that they need to be filled
using the "-Fill" command.  All well and good,
but what is the correct syntax for doing it?

I've tried several variations of this:

 srec_cat $(TARGET).org.hex -Intel \
  -Little_Endian_CRC16 -max $(TARGET).org.hex -Intel \
-Cyclic_Redundancy_Check_16_XMODEM -Fill 0xFF -Over $(TARGET).org.hex -Intel \
  -Output $(TARGET).hex -Intel

I either get the warning telling me to use '-Fill'
or the command simply fails as a bad command.

What are the correct order for the parameters?

This is srec_cat Version 1.26.D001.

I've used the CRC calculations before, in files
that did not have 'holes' with no problems.