Re: [avr-chat] Problem writing fuse bytes to atmega128 - timeout error

From: Thomas Richter
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Problem writing fuse bytes to atmega128 - timeout error
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 07:56:38 +0100

Hi Graham,

thanks for your support.
We don't think you have understood this suggestion. We think you are using ISP, that is In-System Programming. Do you have a JTAG programmer?
Now I'm also at little bit confused. I though that programming at the JTAG interface is the same as using a JTAG programmer.

My board is the Ethernut 1.3 Hardware PCB Version 1.3 Revision G. (http://www.ethernut.de/en/hardware/enut1/index.html) It is not the STK500 hardware. The cable I use to program the ATmega128 is called SP Duo (http://www.embedded-creations.com/spduo/overview.htm).

The STK500 includes programming hardware that can perform ISP and high-voltage programming, but not JTAG. avrdude is software that can drive a variety of programmers. I'm a bit confused that you call them both "programmers" and talk about them both giving error messages. What software are you using with the STK500 hardware? What hardware are you using with the avrdude software?
Currently I write my own software for the board. Later we will develop an own board with special hardware components. Now I am writing SW for the ATmega128 processing telecommunication tasks.

I hope we could clear the misunderstandings.

Regards,
Thomas