[avr-chat] AVR-ISP repair - the saga continues..

From: Andy Warner
Subject: [avr-chat] AVR-ISP repair - the saga continues..
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 21:50:55 -0600

I'm following up on Russell's suggestion to try
a Mega8535 in 90S8535 compatibility mode
as a repair for my fried AVRISPs.

Since I have 2 broken units, can anyone
download and share known working code
for both the 8535 and the 1200 on the card ?

To do this, you need to add the 6-pin ISP header,
and jumper JS1 pins 1-2 for the 8535 and 2-3 for
the 1200.

I _think_ the 1200 is only there to reprogram the
8535 (but that's a guess), and I've tried to run
avrprog from the Tools menu of AVR Studio,
it says it erases & programs the part, but it fails
verify. The flash is non-ff after the process, but
the AVRISP is still dead. I do not know if the
1200 would know how to talk to a Mega8535,
even with the fuses set to compatibility mode..

I'd like to just blast in known good copies of the
firmware (and eeprom if it is used) into both
chips and see if that brings it back to life.
--
Andy