[avr-chat] avrdude jtag2 usb on windows

From: Steve Franks
Subject: [avr-chat] avrdude jtag2 usb on windows
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 21:40:06 -0700

Now, let me say the jtag ice2 works flawlessly with avrdude on my bsd
boxes.  On the windows box, not so good:

LIBUSB: error: usb_registry_get_num_busses(): getting hardware id failed
found 3 busses
avrdude: usbdev_open(): did not find any USB device "usb"

No offense to Eric, avrstudio is quite informative & slick, but it's
nice to program right from the makefile most of the time.  I'm
starting to hate having to use my windows box for a lot of tasks - all
the gui's & mice get in the way of getting work done ;)

Steve