Re: [avr-chat] avrdude jtag2 usb on windows

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] avrdude jtag2 usb on windows
Date: Sat, 5 May 2007 08:36:52 +0200 (MET DST)

"Steve Franks" <address@hidden> wrote:

> LIBUSB: error: usb_registry_get_num_busses(): getting hardware id failed

I'm afraid you have to ask that question to the libusb-win32 folks.

> found 3 busses
> avrdude: usbdev_open(): did not find any USB device "usb"

Curious, is this the libusb that ships with WinAVR?  Somehow, this
doesn't seem to install right.  I suggest you remove the libusb.dll
that came with WinAVR, walk over to the libusb-win32 project on
sourceforge.net, get their installer (for the "filter" version), and
install it.  I've read a number of reports that the WinAVR-shipped
avrdude and avarice binaries then work against that library.

Keep in mind that this is the "filter" driver, i.e. you have to have
AVR Studio's Jungo driver installed below.  (The other option would be
to use libusb-win32's framework to generate a native driver.)