Re: [avr-chat] Strange Timer Damage on ATMega16?

From: Blake Leverett
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Strange Timer Damage on ATMega16?
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 12:05:29 -0700

I would guess that the inductance of the motor parts has caused a voltage
transient on your timer port pins.  I would have to see the schematic to
guess how that is happening.  Feel free to send it to me to look at.

I would be very suspicious of having a burnt-out microcontroller in a motor
drive circuit.  If it happens in the lab, it will surely happen in the field.

Blake