[avr-chat] Re: AVR-chat Digest, Vol 36, Issue 10

From: Dean Hall
Subject: [avr-chat] Re: AVR-chat Digest, Vol 36, Issue 10
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 15:21:34 -0600

Ormund, thank you for the info. For everyone's information here's how I fixed the situation.

I used the software generated clock from the STK500's XT1 pin of the PORTE/AUX header and manually jumped it to the ATmega's PB6/XTAL1 pin. Even with a 32.768 KHz crystal soldered to the XTAL1 net in my target circuit, I was able to establish comms with avrdude. I had to slow the bit clock and skip device verification like so::

$ avrdude -p atmega8 -P /dev/cu.KeySerial1 -c stk500v2 -V -B 100.0 - F -t
        avrdude> write lfuse 0 0xE4
        avrdude> quit

And all was well again.

!!Dean