Re: [avr-chat] Avrdude fails to connect to my Dragon...

From: Vincent Trouilliez
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Avrdude fails to connect to my Dragon...
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 13:30:40 +0100

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 08:12:37 -0400
Preston Wilson <address@hidden> wrote:
> The uC's frequency has to be at least 4x the frequency generated by the bit
> clock.  A bit clock of 1 corresponds to 1 micro second, so that gives you
> 1MHz, and will work with uC's running at 4MHz or faster.

I am running at 16MHz.. divided by 4 that's 4 Mb/s, 400KB/s or so, and I
get 2 KB/s at best (ie w/o the -B option, or with -B 0.15, the
lowest value it will take before communication fails), that's 200 times
less...

> ...and for a bit clock of 0.15 it would need a clock at 27MHz (rounded up) or
> faster.

I tried 0.15 and it works fine at 16MHz... though actual speed is 2KB/s
regardless.
Anyway, the avrdude man page said this -B option in ISP mode, only
works with the JTAG ICE only, not the Dragon so...

--
Vince