Re: [avr-chat] AVR EEPROM cell: Does 0xff mean it it is erased?

From: David Kelly
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] AVR EEPROM cell: Does 0xff mean it it is erased?
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 09:06:26 -0500

On Oct 18, 2009, at 7:55 AM, Joerg Wunsch wrote:

"Heike C. Zimmerer" <address@hidden> wrote:

can I safely assume that if an EEPROM cell contains 0xff, it doesn't
need to be erased before writing to it?

Yes, you can.  Programming flash or EEPROM cells always goes from '1'
to '0', so a cell containing all '1' is erased.

IIRC only Freescale HC12 flash erases to 0. At least thats the only I have encountered.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, address@hidden