Re: [avr-chat] measuring stack/heap usage

From: Daniel Otte
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] measuring stack/heap usage
Date: 15 Mar 2010 00:19:44 +0100

Hi Tobias,
my ciphers do not use the heap but the testing utils surrounding them do.
Some functions from avrlibc also use the heap
(http://www.nongnu.org/avr-libc/user-manual/malloc.html).

Even if not using the heap the stack can not use all RAM since some C constructs
may result in data put into .data or space allocated in the .bss segment.
You also would have to take care of IO-regisers in the memory map.