Re: [avr-chat] Avrdude on FreeBSD

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Avrdude on FreeBSD
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 21:44:25 +0100 (MET)

"Thomas D. Dean" <address@hidden> wrote:

> I had this working last year.  New system.  Now, I don't remember
> what I did to get it working.

Perhaps you read the manual? ;-)

> # sudo avrdude  -c avrisp -P /dev/ugen0.3 -v -v -p m16

First, it's an "avrisp2" (aka. AVRISPmkII) rather than an old V1
device.  Second, the correct port name would be just "usb".  AVRDUDE
then uses internal logic to talk to it through libusb, rather than
trying to open a serial device (which is what your commandline
attempted).