Re: [avr-chat] Avrdude on FreeBSD

From: Michael Hennebry
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Avrdude on FreeBSD
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 17:56:45 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 29 Jan 2012, Thomas D. Dean wrote:

I read the manual

For the JTAG ICE mkII, if avrdude has been configured with
libusb support, port can alternatively be specified as
usb[:serialno].

I read this to mean this was an alternate way of specifying the port. Obviously, I never tried usb.

IIRC a JTAG ICE mkII can also be connected to an RS232 port.
Perhaps that is what is meant.
To me, that would mean a different port,
not an alternate way of specifying the same port.

--
Michael   address@hidden
whom I teach not to run with scissors,