[avr-chat] Any way to friend an interrupt handler?

From: Rick Mann
Subject: [avr-chat] Any way to friend an interrupt handler?
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 17:23:17 -0800

I'm trying to allow my timer overflow interrupt handler access to private
static members of a C++ class, with this:

    friend    ::TIMER1_OVF_vect();

But I can' figure out how to declare the interrupt handler beforehand in a way
that doesn't make the compiler complain. It seems like the ISR() macro declares
and immediately defines the handler, so I tried copying that declaration to my
header file, but I get an error "ambiguates old declaration".

Is there any way to pull this off? Thanks!

--
Rick