[avr-chat] avrdude-Problems

From: address@hidden
Subject: [avr-chat] avrdude-Problems
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 14:31:35 +0000 (GMT+00:00)

Dear AVRDUDE-Team,

I've been trying to get into contact with my ATmega168P for a while and, obviously, am having trouble: I use AVRDUDE for Mac, with a ISP-programmer of DIAMEX, which is connected to a USB-Port. Each time I try to do something with my microcontroller, (e.g. avrdude -c stk500v2 -P usb -U flash:v:/Users/linusgeiser/Desktop/try.hex:i -p atmega168p) AVRDUDE responses me with «avrdude: usbdev_open(): did not find any USB device "usb"». The programmer is recognised by the computer (at least the system profiler says, that there is a AVR-ISP connected to a USB-port).
The programmer is connected correctly to the microcontroller (or at least that's what I hope: the programmer has a output with six pins (+5V/GND/MISO/MOSI/RESET/SCK) which are connected to the coresponding pins of the controller (GND twice to GND, +5V to VCC, AVCC and AREF, as I have seen it on some website)).
My guess is that the communication between the programmer and AVRDUDE somehow doesn't work.
I would be very grateful if you could help me!

Just as a warning: I am a total beginner on the field of microcontroller (so you can assume that I have made any possible mistake) and my native tongue is not englsh (it's (swiss) german).

Thanks and best regards,
Linus