Re: [avr-chat] avrdude-Problems

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] avrdude-Problems
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 16:31:08 +0000 (GMT+00:00)

Hello again,

First of all I'd like to thank you for your answer, it was very helpful and
that part now works perfectly fine. Just, the behaviour of the microcontroller
keeps confusing me: After I got the right connection to the programmer,
everything worked, except the programming itself: there I got a 'mismatch
error'. After searching the web for an answer, I found,  that it might have
something to do wih the frequency with which the controller is being
programmed. So I changed the baud-rate (no idea what it actually is) from
default to 300 (useing AVRFuses), whereafter programming resulted in a
'success', which I thought to be a good sign. So I wrote a smal program to try
wether it really worked (well, I wrote it beforehands, or I could not have
tried to write the .hex-file to the controller; see in the appendage for the
program and the .hex).
As a board I soldered a power supply with three 1.5V batteries and a capacitor
of 47microFarad, to plan the voltage, inbetween the GND/4.5V and a seperate
part consisting of a LED-Diode (the side where a part is cut off towards PD1)
and a resistor (470ohm) combined serial, with one end to 4.5V and one end to
PD1, and a push-button between 4.5V and PD2 (the aim of the program is to be
able to turn on/off the LED by pushing the button). Additionaly I connected the
RESET-pin to 4.5V to avoid a reset.
Well, when I connected the power supply (4.5V as well to ARef and AVcc) to the
rest nothing happened. The voltage was fine, except the part, where the
microcontroller should have worked: neither the LED nor the push-button had any
voltage. Afterwards I read the flash-memory with the help of AVRFuses to check
wether programming had really worked. It took a long time until completion and
when I checked the .hex-file (see Try1.hex) it was different to what I had
progammed... After several trys and checkings I had to forfeit...
Once again I would be most grateful if you could help me!

Best regards,
Linus