[avr-chat] Is there a Microcontroller Cross Reference

From: Dane Ruyle
Subject: [avr-chat] Is there a Microcontroller Cross Reference
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 15:46:01 -0700

Hi all,

Sorry if this is not the correct list to ask.

I have a broken microcontroller in a device it is:
EMC EM78P156ELPJ-G  It is a OTP (One Time Programming) chip.
EMC recommend to use EM78P176ND18J (18-DIP, OTP) or EM78F662ND18J (18-DIP, Flash) because the other chip has finished production.

I'd like to find an ATMEL pin compatible chip to use instead (Attiny?).   I am more familiar with this.

As a last resort EMC has given me a similar microcontroller but I have no idea how to get a development environment up.

If this is totally of subject I apologize, please point me in the right direction.