Re: [avr-chat] avrdude: error: programm enable: target doesn't answer.

Subject: Re: [avr-chat] avrdude: error: programm enable: target doesn't answer.
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 14:38:49 +0200

On Thu, 24 Apr 2014 23:26:06 -0400
Ormund Williams <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Fri, 2014-04-25 at 02:45 +0200, YuGiOhJCJ Mailing-List wrote:
> > avrdude: error: programm enable: target doesn't answer. 1
> ...snip...
> > I was able to do it just before I typed this:
> > $ sudo avrdude -p t2313 -c usbasp -U hfuse:w:0xdb:m -U lfuse:w:0xef:m
> >
> Are the fuse settings what you intended? an lfuse of 0xef means that you
> have a high frequency crystal attached, do you?

In fact, it is the first time I change the fuse settings on a micro-controller.
My objective was to build an USBtinyISP programmer (it uses an attiny2313
micro-controller).
I read that I have to do two things :
- send the firmware to the flash memory of my attiny2313
- change its fuse settings to have a high frequency

Also, in the Makefile I found in the USBtinyISP firmware archive, I can read:
$ cat usbtinyisp/spi/Makefile | grep avrdude
FLASH_CMD       = avrdude -c avrisp -pt2313 -U flash:w:main.hex
FUSE_CMD        = avrdude -c avrisp -pt2313 -U hfuse:w:0xdb:m -U lfuse:w:0xef:m

So that is why I have used these settings.
But now, I am unable to use avrdude again to send a program to my attiny2313
flash memory.
Is there a way to come back to the previous state where my attiny2313 was
perfectly working ?