Re: [avr-chat] A simple problem ?

From: Axel Wachtler
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] A simple problem ?
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2016 09:37:35 +0200

Hi Ray,

sounds strange, here are my 2cents how to hunt down that issue:

- How do you compile the programm?
  Can you send the actual build output? (compile log)

- Are there warnings (e.g. about opimization level) that you have
  overseen/ignored? At least F_CPU should spec'd via the gcc-command
  line, otherwise there is at least an redefinition warning.

- Me comes to mind that delay_ms might accept 256ms max ... but I'm
  not 100% certain in the moment.

- Does the fuses of your MCU match the clock frequency?

- Making all ports to outputs of your PIC^H^H^HAVR looks a bit
  ruffian.  Just check to which pin the LED actually is connected and
  enable this pin, e.g. for PB5:

DDRB |= (1<<PB5); ... enable PB5 as output
PORTB |= (1<<PB5); ... set PB5 to 1
PORTB &= ~(1<<PB5); ... set PB5 to 0

Best Regards, Axel