Re: [avr-gcc-list] GCC 3.0 thread

From: J Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] GCC 3.0 thread
Date: Fri Jan 12 00:33:04 2001

Denis Chertykov <address@hidden> wrote:

> You use wrong binutils version.

What's the version that is required?  I'm using the most recent
_release_ one (i hesitate to use beta software unless really
necessary), which is binutils-2.10.1 (November 2000).

Since the current snapshot doesn't compile with that version, do you
know whether gcc-3.0 will also be accompanied by a new (official)
version of binutils?

>> Does anybody know what's the latest version of gcc that was compatible
>> with binutils, and that was at least fully compilable (for the AVR
>> target) without patching?

> The CVS GCC is compatible with the CVS binutils.

At least not with a _release_ of binutils, that was merely my
question.  I was in hope to find an earlier version of gcc that would
work with binutils-2.10.1.

But what about the internal consistency compilation problems i
mentioned?  Have they been fixed meanwhile?

I can't download the full > 10 GB of gcc source code each day, just in
order to check whether it's fixed now.

spasibo bolshoye za otviet!
address@hidden         http://www.interface-systems.de/~j