Re: [avr-gcc-list] hello world

From: J Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] hello world
Date: Tue Jan 16 23:40:03 2001

douglas irving repetto <address@hidden> wrote:

> sadly the most promising looking document, avr-lib.pdf still has
> most of the basic things (like making a project, downloading the
> code to a device, etc.) on the todo list...the things outlined on
> page 11, "Using the GNU Tools" are exactly what i'm looking for!
> i'll write to the author to see if he's made any progress.

Since Rich's documentation was such a good help to me in getting
started, i decided to spend some time and contribute him one if his
`to-do' items.  This still doesn't provide a step-by-step instruction
list, but basically the Makefile i recently posted here (which gets
you everything except the actual download to the part, since that
detail heavily depends on your programming software and hardware),
plus a circuit picture, plus a very very simple (simple-demo.c, that's
really a ``Hello world!'' style one), plus a more sophisticated demo
that extends the basic demo to something that demonstrates most of the
concepts used by avr-gcc and avr-libc within a single gimmick.

I expect Rich to integrate this into his document as his time permits.
For the time being, you can find it at

ftp://ftp.ifbus.de/pub/j_wunsch/avr-demo.tar.gz

Please don't announce that URL anywhere on a Web site, i'll remove the
file again once Rich has updated his documentation.  Also, don't be
worried that you aren't allowed to read that directory (i. e. you
can't list the contents), downloading should work anyway.

address@hidden         http://www.interface-systems.de/~j