[avr-gcc-list] External SRAM - change bss section?

From: Jochen Pernsteiner
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] External SRAM - change bss section?
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 17:19:27 +0100

Hello,

how can I convince the compiler (or linker) that I have external
SRAM connected to my  4414 or 8515 ?

The problem is that I want to use a large array as global variable,
but the linker says that the bss section is to small.
The compiler switch "-minit-stack" doesn't work of course, since it
doesn't change the bss section. There is also a switch "-Tbss" for
the linker, but it changes the starting address for bss. What I want
is to change the end address of bss!

For example this little (and useless) program won't compile:

  int array[500];

  int main()
  {
    return 0;