[avr-gcc-list] Reporting bugs

From: Larry Barello
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Reporting bugs
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 14:50:46 -0800

When reporting bugs include as much relevant information as
possible.  Since Denis is the guy fixing bugs and, as far as
I can see, doing it gratis, it is our job to make his job as
easy as possible.

1. stripped down sample code and possibly the resulting
assembly code.
2. version of compiler being used ( 'avr-gcc -v' will tell
you )
3. If it is a library problem, then that version.

If you don't know the exact version, like me, then at least
say where and when you got it from.

So, is CVS the version of avr-gcc what we should be using?
Or is it safer to stick with a major release, like 2.97
20010108 (Gunnar's win/linux release)?  Or, is that the
latest?

Cheers!