Re: [avr-gcc-list] stack handling

From: Wallace Owen
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] stack handling
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 19:32:54 -0800

The IAR way is especially useful on the AT90S1200, which has a hardware
stack for return addresses.  Two stacks, one based on hardware for the
return addresses, one synthesized from (IIRC) the Y register for the data
stack makes the chip actually usable in C.  Otherwise, the 1200 is limited
to assembly language, in my opinion.  Of course, to really leverage what
little code space there is on a 1200 one must usually use assembly language
anyway, so the advantage is rather slim.

  // Wally