[avr-gcc-list] BCH code in avr-gcc needed

From: Alexander Popov
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] BCH code in avr-gcc needed
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 21:04:51 +0200

        Hello, guys!
        I have a problem which is very important to me to be solved quickly.

        I must implement ECC (Error Correction Code) in the radio modem I am
writing on AT90S8515 using AVR-GCC. I have found a description of BCH
(63,48) code which suits my needs. It corrects all 1st and 2nd order errors.
The coding is OK, but I don't know how to decode. Direct table implementation
cannot be used because the syndrom is 15 bits. I use 'brute force' decoding
but it is too slow.
        So how is the decoding of Cyclic coded data done? I've heard about
some 'factorisation' and 'Berlekemp algorithm', but I don't know how to use
them.

        I've placed the datasheet describing this code at
                 http://sasho.hit.bg/ecc.pdf

        Can someone help me, please!

        Thanks in advance!

        Alexander Popov