[avr-gcc-list] Assembler error message

From: Robert Rozman
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Assembler error message
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 22:35:02 +0100

Hello,

I'm trying to define assembler macro for clearing bits in register:

#define CLEARBIT_CONST(var,const_mask) \
 asm volatile (\
  "cbr %0, %1 "\
  : /* no outputs */\
  : "r" ((uint8_t) (var)), \
    "i" ((uint8_t) (mask)) \
       )

When I compile my program I get error:
c:\windows\temp\ccFvZigb.s: Assembler messages:
c:\windows\temp\ccFvZigb.s:3523 Error: number must be less than 256

I think it comes form inproper use of this macro - but how can I find error
in temp file ccFvZigb.s ? Why error is not shown on one of end files like
.s, .lst or similar ?

Thanks in advance,

Robert Rozman