[avr-gcc-list] Here's the most bug-free binary of GCC

From: Mike Jones
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Here's the most bug-free binary of GCC
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 11:12:49 +0600

I just installed the latest Windows version from Gunnar's site and recompiled
the libs using the install.exe. I then recompiled the gcctest1 from the
original gcc, 2.95 I believe, using a slightly modified make file Volker
(sp?). Here is the meat of the makefile:

#compiler flags  was -O3
        CPFLAGS = -g -O1 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wa,-ahlms=$(<:.c=.lst)

#linker flags
        LDFLAGS = -Wl,-Map=$(TRG).map,--cref

I thought I had read on this list that AVRStudio (3.5) would now let you
do a watch on variables with this version of gcc. I loaded the obj file
in AVRStudio and it let me establish a watch for each of the 4 variables
but it always shows them "out of scope." Is there some trick to this or
do I have to wait for the next major revision in the next few weeks?

I also offer kudos to those that are making this such a nice tool for the
rest of us.

Mike