[avr-gcc-list] Re: Problem with malloc()

From: Victor Sluiter
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Re: Problem with malloc()
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 15:18:48 +0100 (MET)

Thanks for your help Carsten, but unfotunately nothing has changed after I
changed my makefile.... What surprises me, is that _end_of_ram_ is declared in
line 11 of malloc.c as 'extern size_t _end_of_ram_;', but the error points
to line 16, where it is used the first time: 'size_t * heap_top =
&_end_of_ram_;'. So -I guess- the compiler can't get the address of the 'extern
size_t'.
But I guess I'm wrong, because in that case many others would have had the
same problem..... I'm puzzled.....
Greetings, Victor

http://www.gmx.net

http://www.gmx.net