Re: [avr-gcc-list] GCC Functions

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] GCC Functions
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 15:52:56 +0100 (MET)

Patrick Lanphier <address@hidden> wrote:

> Thanks everyone for the help but things are still not working.  It
> has to do with the function or the global variable.  If you toggle
> between the lines you will see this.

What will we see?  Can you elaborate more?

Generating assembler code shows that both statements create
identical lines of the form:

        sts ledlight,__zero_reg__

Unless you tell us a bit more, there's probably not much help.  Your
code /is/ correct (assuming your LEDs are connected between port B and
Vcc).

Also, why don't you try one of my suggestions about implementing a
somewhat more sophisticated logic inside led1() (like counting the
variable ledlight up)?  This would allow you a few more hardware
tests, like connecting an oscilloscope to the various output lines of
port B.  This will help you find out whether the output lines are
actually toggling at some frequency, are "floating", or maybe just one
of the output drivers has been damaged by your experiments.